26 avr ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM IN PARIS 2023/2024: results announcement アーティスト・イン・レジデンス プログラム 最終選考結果
Kenta Kuroda was selected by the AIR program in Paris to do a 3-month residency from January 2024!
Based in Kyoto, Japan, Kenta Kuroda works in the dance field, and at the cafe and hotel KéFU. He has been involved in works by MuDA,Super D, HIxTO, RESSENCHKA, Manaki Uno, Emi Ogura, Kazuhiko Hiwa, Aki Kojima, Hokuto Kodama, Osamu Shikichi, Hana×Matsu, Midori Kurata, and others.
Since 2018, he has been organizing sessions with people he meets on the street, borrowing their experiences from them.
Since 2022, he has been conducting the « verse-paradox » project, a retrospective about those sessions.
The Artist in Residence program in Paris 2023/2024 is a bilateral residency program organized by the Osaka Chishima Foundation for Creative Arts and Villa Kujoyama (Kyoto), in collaboration with Institut Français, Cité Internationale des Arts, and Kyoto Art Center. This program aims to support one artist, researcher, and curator living or working in the Kansai region to develop their activities while being exposed to the French cultural, social, and artistic scene.
The selected candidates will receive support from the above-mentioned cultural institutions for a three-month research and/or production residency in a studio located in the Cité Internationale des Arts in central Paris.
Conditions of the residency
Cité internationale des arts (Marais site)
Number of laureates
*Application as a group is not possible.
– inhabitant OR person working mainly in the Kansai region (Kyoto, Osaka, Shiga, Nara, Wakayama, Hyogo)
– individual having activities as an artist, curator, or art critic
– all artistic disciplines
– No condition of nationality
– We are not able to accept students (applications are however accepted if the course has been completed at the moment by the time the residency starts).
Supports for the laureate
– A studio will be allocated to the resident (Marais site)
– flight tickets round trip (direct flight in economy class between KIX and CDG aiports)
– 100 000 yens per month (tax inclu.) for living costs
– 200 000 yens (tax inclu.) for research/production costs
– advice from the organizers before/during the residency
All the other expenses are in charge of the laureates.
The laureate has to be covered by insurance during the residency.
Before the arrival at Cité internationale des arts, the payment of deposit for the studio will be required.
Conditions of application
–Applicants must be able to work from the Cité internationale des Arts in Paris.
–Applicants must be able to communicate in English or French.
–Applicants must be able to participate in a reporting session or event in Osaka or Kyoto after their stay in Paris.